England advanced to the European Championship with a 2-2 draw against Montenegro, but Wayne Rooney was shown a straight Red Card for a reactionary shot in the 74th minute. An angry England boss, Fabio Capello, stated:
“It’s a red card. You can’t defend that. I’m not happy, absolutely. I spoke with him. He made a silly mistake and he said: ‘Yes, sorry.’ More than that, I can’t do. It was not a mistake (to play Rooney). He made a silly mistake when he kicked the opponent. And he will now not be able to play the first game in the Euros as he will be suspended. He was not happy because he missed some control and some passes. For this reason, I think he reacted. His reaction was to kick the opponent. He’s a really important player with a lot of experience, and he’s played really important games. But he’s made a silly mistake. I’ve seen players like him do that. You can’t understand why.”
Check out the match highlights and fast-forward to the 2 minute mark to watch the Roon Attack.
Listen To The Podcast!
Find Us on Facebook
- D Stump on A Few Pints In – Episode 21 – “Brian is the New Super Laywer”
- Ryan on Classic Comedy. AC Milan vs. Bari Warm-up Spoof
- Ryan on YCIS’ Monday’s Wake Up Call – Newcastle is now in a relegation battle
- Vic on Did Manchester City’s ticket protest work? Unfortunately, no, with photo proof of why
- aleks on Classic Comedy. AC Milan vs. Bari Warm-up Spoof