A day after defeat at home to Athletic Bilbao in the first leg of the third round of the competition, Sir Alex has openly admitted that it has been a bad year for the Red Devils in Europe. Usually Old Trafford offers some comfort when facing European competition, however, this season United managing only 1 win in 3 home matches in the Champions League, and now losing both of their home matches played in the Europa League. Ferguson stated:
“We have had a bad year in Europe,’ he said. ‘We conceded three against Basel, two against Benfica, another three against Bilbao and two to Ajax. That tells its own story. Maybe it is just one of those years where we are having to restock and assess how we should approach games at home.”
While United field countless questions about their current squad, the performances of the younger players, and the inability to provide consistent quality, evidence has been revealed that they may actually be suffering from some sort of European curse. There apparently are no comforts at home as seen below:
Not only were the United players outplayed, but the coaches were also victims of some clumsy execution.
Find Us on Facebook
- Choggers on Everton is Poor . . . So What are We Going to Do About it?
- free slots on Review of the Game On football slot
- Ryan on Classic Comedy. AC Milan vs. Bari Warm-up Spoof
- Ryan on YCIS’ Monday’s Wake Up Call – Newcastle is now in a relegation battle
- Vic on Did Manchester City’s ticket protest work? Unfortunately, no, with photo proof of why